DRC confirms one more Ebola case

DEMOCRATIC Republic of Congo has confirmed one more case of Ebola, the daughter of a woman who caught Ebola and died earlier this month in the ongoing resurgence, the World Health Organization said yesterday.

Congo has now confirmed a total of seven Ebola cases and four deaths since it declared a resurgence of the disease on February 7.

The latest patient had nursed her mother after she contracted the virus and then attended her burial, which was not conducted under advised health safety protocols, the WHO said.

The country has experienced 11 outbreaks since the virus was first discovered near the Ebola River in 1976, more than double any other country.

Translate ยป